Saturday, February 5, 2011

Death of a Laptop

So I hate to report it but there has been a death in the family. After four years of loyal and dedicated service my laptop has taken its last breath. I left my computer at home last week when I went to English Camp. When I got back I started it up as usual and everything seemed fine. Then after uploading my pictures from the week, a sudden message appears on the screen “Emergency restart.” I oblige and shut her down. I pushed the button and the screen went crazy. Black and white lines, zigzags, and general distortion filled the screen before it went black. I did everything I could, take the battery out, charged it, and tried to restart but it seems that was the dramatic last throw of my computer. I am writing this blog from the ancient and infested laptop that my school has. It’s the first day of school and the children and cleaning and moving furniture. Since I don’t have a classroom to clean, it’s been a pretty boring first day but I'm sure that things will get exciting soon enough. A lot of stuff has happened since I last wrote; English Camp, All Volunteer Conference, a cyclone, and general shenanigans. Since my ability to write has been greatly limited now, I’m going to just go ahead and give some high lights.
Teaching Samoan children how to do the human note
Playing hours and hours of mafia with the other volunteers at camp
Cooking tasty food for everyone at night
Sleeping on a church hall floor for a week
Getting stuck in town for three days during the cyclone (which was just rainy and windy, nothing to big this time)
Going to see a movie!! It was so fun. I got to pretend I was back home for a couple hours
Meeting everyone in town for All Vol conference, with TVs, real beds, hot showers, and no bugs!
Eating at delicious restaurants in town and staying a crazy nice hotel for the weekend.
I will try my best to still post things as much as possible even without my computer!! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment