Wednesday, August 25, 2010

StateSide

This is my first post and as of now I am reporting from Houston Texas. Im sitting in a cubicle doing office work for an oil and gas company. Its beige in every sense of the word. This is a temp job that I started after graduation to hold me over till my departure in August for Latin America, or so I thought. To my great dismay I found that my plans had to be changed and my stay in Houston would be extended. When I received my invitation my hopes weren't high as it seemed any replacement position would be second best. Then I read the Pacific Islands and my whole reality shifted. Never before had such a sense of adventure and excitement been awoken in me. I have traveled a lot both as a youth, living overseas with my father’s job, and in more recent years on my own. When I applied for the Peace Corp I never even considered the Pacific. I thought for sure I would be back in Africa, Latin America or Central Asia. I am completely ecstatic about this twist of fate and see it as an incredible blessing. The higher powers have seen fit to, once again, throw me into the unknown, and I couldn’t be happier. For know I am stuck in a beige cubicle filing, copying, and whole punching… a lot, but my heart and head are half way to Samoa already. The next couple of weeks I will be packing and day dreaming but I can’t wait to share my upcoming adventure with you.
Maybe this will be me one day soon? xooxox

No comments:

Post a Comment